These Brands Imaging supplied smart car graphics were installed at our large format printing company in Philadelphia by 3M Certified graphic installers.
Small cars are tricky and not like other vehicles when it comes to design and installation and this is a bit of “how to” when it comes to that
Smart Car Design:
This is the first vehicle for Burns & McBride
by Brands Imaging. The design needed to be on point and eye catching. As you can see, this one really hits the mark.
So these tiny two passenger vehicles are so small that you’d think the graphic designer will have an easy time, right? Wrong! Any college advertising class will tell you that less is more. This situation is exactly where that comes into play.
These cars are so small that when you pack too much information in it will get lost. A vehicle wrap should get some basic points across quickly. When a potential customer only has 3 seconds to see your vehicle wrap they need to know:
• who you are
• what you do (this should be either a part of your logo or 1 statement or tagline)
• how to contact you
• see photographic or illustrative messaging that supports the above
Purchasing a vehicle wrap for your smart car can be overwhelming but you should trust your large format printing company to design your graphics and allow them to guide you in the right direction.
Smart Car Wrap Installation:
We have to piggyback on the design portion of this project. Small vehicles are not only hard to design for but they’re also hard to wrap. Large format printing companies in Philadelphia and all around the world have their own techniques on how to tackle these projects but it’s not easy.
Even though vinyl vehicle wrap material is made to go around complex curves and shapes there are still things to look out for. Stretched out words, Loss of color and panels not lining up are common mistakes when wrapping all vehicles, especially small ones.
So……. if things get bad and for SOME reason you cannot use Brands Imaging for your Smart Car wrap then here are some things you should be checking on when selecting a large format printing company:
• Make sure your vehicle wrap provider has a climate controlled print and install environment
• Always use a 3M Certified company and research their credentials
• Make sure your large format company has in-house staff that there everyday to repair potential problems and make repairs if needed
• The shop you’re choosing should have printing capabilities on-site for color proofing and expedited turn around times when needed.
So now that things are all packed up around here………Don’t forget that we offer door to door service!!!!